PRINCETON, N.J. and GIBBSTOWN, N.J., March 3 /PRNewswire/ — Laureate Pharma, Inc. and EMD Chemicals Inc. announced today that they have entered into a strategic collaboration for the co-marketing and promotion of biopharmaceutical products and services. Under the agreement, EMD Chemicals will utilize its expertise in packing and testing large-scale ion exchange chromatography columns in combination with Laureate Pharma’s expertise in protein process development, production, and purification to further penetrate the pharma and biopharm markets while bringing additional value to customers. (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020723/LPHARMLOGO )
Cross training of the respective sales teams will be completed and joint marketing activities are planned. This includes technical seminars on relevant biopharmaceutical topics, presentations on chromatography studies, and technical articles.
“We are excited about this agreement and look forward to working with EMD Chemicals. Their knowledge surrounding the rapid and efficient preparation of chromatography columns allows Laureate Pharma to expand its technical expertise,” said Robert J. Broeze, Ph.D., President and CEO of Laureate Pharma.
“This strategic collaboration offers EMD Chemicals and Laureate Pharma the opportunity to benefit from the technical synergies of our organizations. In addition, EMD Chemicals is able to offer the expertise of Laureate Pharma to existing customers who might have a need for the development, production and purification of proteins,” said Daniel K. Freymeyer II, Director, Sales and Technical Support – Life Science Solutions at EMD Chemicals.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
About Laureate Pharma
Laureate Pharma is a full-service contract manufacturing organization (CMO) with headquarters in Princeton, NJ. The company is dedicated to supporting the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies. Laureate Pharma’s biopharmaceutical division, located in Princeton, NJ, provides a wide range of product development services from process design and development to full-scale cGMP production, purification and aseptic filling, as well as corresponding testing, validation, analytical services and regulatory support. The division is focused on two active segments of the biopharmaceutical industry: monoclonal antibodies and recombinant protein products. Mammalian cells are grown in stirred-tank, hollow-fiber, or other bioreactors for production of biopharmaceutical proteins, which are purified by state-of-the-art semi- automated chromatography systems. Laureate Pharma’s microparticle technologies division located in Totowa, NJ, supplies extended release development, formulation and filling services through commercial scale at its cGMP manufacturing facility. For more information on Laureate Pharma, contact the company directly at 1.608.916.3570, by email at email@example.com or visit www.laureatepharma.com.
About EMD Chemicals Inc.
EMD Chemicals Inc. represents the North American specialty chemical extension of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. As an international company with 1,150 employees and revenues of more than $350 million, EMD Chemicals focuses on specialty chemicals for pharmaceutical, biotech, cosmetic, automotive, plastics and other industrial applications. .
For more information on EMD Chemicals, contact the company directly at (856) 423-6300, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.emdchemicals.com.
About Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Merck is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with sales of EUR 7.2 billion in 2003, a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by 28,300 employees in 56 countries. Its success is characterized by innovations from entrepreneurial employees. Merck’s operating activities come under the umbrella of Merck KGaA, in which the Merck family holds a 74% interest and free shareholders own the remaining 26%. The former U.S. subsidiary, Merck & Co. has been completely independent of the Merck Group since 1917.